Friday, March 1, 2019

Kombucha Journey, New-To-Me Vegan Amy's Kitchen Products, & Ms. Trinity



YIKES!  Yet again...time has gotten away from me!  I have way too many photos to post and things to blab about so I'll have to work towards checking those items off my list and not overload everyone in one post.  Altho...I have a feeling this post will surely be long enough on its own!  First up...an update on my Kombucha Journey!    This was the 2nd batch I did and we did do a 2nd ferment with it!  My parents found a few of these cute bottles at TJ Maxx for cheap!


In the first photo, you will see our first flavor.  It was straight-up Kiwi!  In the 2nd photo, that is pure blueberry!  Both were fizzy and both were tasty!


And finally, this one is orange and kiwi!  We have started our 3rd batch and it should be ready to fruit and 2nd ferment in about a week.  It's been FUN!  We already have quite the SCOBY Hotel going, too!  I think we might have to start doing more than one batch at a time!


A few weeks ago I went to the Erie Target and found a few new-to-me Amy's Kitchen Vegan Labeled Products including this Ravioli!  It was SUPER tasty!  The sauce really MADE it!  The only problem with these Amy's meals is when I find one I really like I could eat like 4 more in one sitting!


Then there were these Asian Dumplings.  At first bite...I thought it was 'ok' but as I continued eating it I found myself really enjoying it!  After it was all gone, I found myself wanting more!  


Paella!  Another winner!  I really didn't have much of an opinion of this going in only because I'm not a Paella Guru by any means.  I think I only had Paella maybe twice before and I made it both times and I made it myself so who knows if it was close to a traditional Paella.  Regardless, I did find this one quite tasty and I would certainly buy it again!


And to finish out this post I thought I would post a pic of my wonderful niece with my parents dog.  I have a series of these photos on IG in case you want to see more.  Ms Trinity calls me Aunt Ja Ja.  She's a gem!  I love her dearly!  

18 comments:

  1. I hear ya on time, been busy here too! Great eats, I need to track down the Amy's Ravioli for hubby, yum!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh your kombucha looks and sounds great! I really want to try making my own and blueberry sounds like a delicious flavor! The new Amy's finds look awesome, I really want to try that ravioli!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I bet you will like it! If you can find it! Amy's is coming out with some more vegan options...just home I can get my hands of them!

      Delete
  3. My partner and I just got a scoby from a coworker -- I'll have to read up on your journey! Love those glass bottles, and the colors are so vibrant.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm a beginner that is for sure! Let me know if you try it, too!

      Delete
  4. I'm new to kombucha making and I love those bottles! Could you please explain what a 2nd ferment means? You've inspired me to throw out all my can't-do excuses and try this! Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A 2nd Ferment is when you remove the scoby and add a fruit to it then let it sit to ferment again at room temp and the healthy bacteria will 'eat' the sugars from the fruit and cause natural carbonation. Hope that helps...it's my very unofficial explanation of a 2nd ferment. :)

      Delete
  5. Nice work on the kombucha, and the Amy's meals sound good -- of those three, I've only had the dumplings, but I enjoyed them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's the first and only time so far I have seen the dumplings!

      Delete
  6. The kombucha is so exciting! I’ve been making my own for about two years now :))
    You can really use any glass bottle with a plastic or non metal lid for the second ferment- i use a lot of old GTS kombucha bottles that i just keep reusing.
    I haven’t had amy’s in a long time but sounds like you found some really good ones! Whenever i do have a heat and eat meal like those i flop it all ontop of a big bowl of salad greens- i always want more veggies and helps fill me up since some of those portion sizes are dinky! Trader joe’s vegan tikka masala is a repeat buy for me
    Ttrockwood

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree the Amy's sizes are small for a stand alone meal...adding them to salads is a great idea!

      Delete
  7. I wish we could get all the Amy's varieties here. There are only a few of them in the vegan shops, but they are expensive. I'd love to try more.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have missed out on many of them, too! I swear Amy's should have a chain of stores just of their stuff and offer it all at each store! LOL

      Delete
  8. Love the dumpling bowl but haven't seen the paella yet! I must keep my eyes peeled.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have tried making kombucha to drink but I have stopped. Doesn't suit my body type as each time i drink, i get fever. But my friend drinks it everyday and said its very good

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The last couple of batches I did were flops! YIKES! I hope to jump back in with it in a couple weeks and try again!

      Delete