Wednesday, September 19, 2018

3 New-To-Me Daiya Products & A44 Movie

Just a quick post today because I seemed to be running out of time again!  YIKES! 

Last week The Vegan Zombie passed his Kickstarter goal of $80,000 to start producing his VEGAN Sci-Fi Movie A44.  I donated a very little bit to the campaign on the last day!  Can't wait to hear about the progress!


I received my shipment from Vegan Essentials and over the next couple of weeks will be sharing with you some of the things I ordered. 

Today I have 3 Daiya items that were in that shipment, actually. 

First up is this 4 Cheese Style with Herbs Cheezy Mac.  Here, locally, I am able to get the 'cheese' packets and in Lakewood they sometimes have the other 2 macs.  I have been able to try them and they are ok but it's not something I buy a lot.  This was also ok...again...not something I would buy weekly...or even monthly!  But it's good for a treat or on occasion.  I did like the addition of the herbs to the mix.  The pasta noodles were a little strange but didn't taste bad.  Just different, really.


The other two items are these Cheeze Sticks.  I bought one of each as you can see.  The Cheddar Style and the Moz Style. 

So far I have eaten both of them as a snack.  Convenient for on the go.  I think they have more flavor than the block style cheeses.  I assumed they used the same base as their blocks and just cut it different but Daiya responded on my IG photo saying that it's their own recipe blend specifically for the sticks.  Interesting.

I have also tried these Cheddar sticks finely chopped and tossed and melted in with regular pasta noodles, almond milk, Earth Balance, and a bit of nooch.  It turned out pretty good for just throwing everything in.  I will say that the flavor of it melted is more of a sharper cheddar than I remember from Daiya's other products.  I think I like using this better than the shreds, actually!


I might be trying the same method with the Moz sticks later tonight and melting then pouring over pizza.  Or maybe I will just add the finely diced Moz to the actual pizza.  I haven't made up my mind yet tho.

All-in-all I'm pretty happy with the sticks!  I would buy them again if I saw them for the right price!  Now...if someone just did vegan string cheese and vegan cheese curds!

Questions of the day...have you tried any of these 3 products from Daiya yet?  What did you think? 

Did you hear about the Vegan Zombie's Vegan Sci-Fi A44 Movie?  Were you able to be a part of the Kickstarter?

14 comments:

  1. Ooooo...my girl would be jumping with delight if she sees these, all gluten-free!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We've been seeing more and more GF items but I wish the prices would come down a bit so they are more affordable to the masses!

      Delete
  2. I heard about A44 in an interview on The Bearded Vegan podcast. It sounds pretty cool, though I don't think I will be watching as horror movies are not for my sensitive soul. ;)

    We don't have Daiya cheese sticks here, but I wouldn't mind trying them one day if they do come. I remember loving cheese stick snacks as a kid. So it would be a fun little nostalgia snack.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I need to get into The Bearded Vegan PC more! Actually, Podcasts more in general! What is your preferred way to listen? Online? On phone? On an app? Where do you go to get your PodCasts!?

      Delete
  3. I didn't even know those three products existed! I really, really want to try the cheese sticks!! What a fun snack for kis and adult kids!!
    I have heard about the movie, but I am definitely like Susan horror movies are too much for me!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The cheese sticks were fairly priced I thought considering the prices of Daiya in general.

      Delete
  4. Oooh I've heard that the cheese sticks were coming! I hope that I'll be able to find them because they sound great! Definitely a perfect snack.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would buy the cheese sticks again! They were convenient and tasty!

      Delete
  5. I haven't seen the newest Daiya mac yet, and I'll definitely have to keep an eye out for the cheese sticks, too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm hoping Daiya will continue with these rapid releases of new products!

      Delete
  6. Yum, I have not seen these sticks yet! And so excited about the movie.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's rare if I am in with the group of people that try something sooner than later! LOL - Can't wait to see and hear more about the movie!

      Delete
  7. I haven't seen any of these products!! Would definitely try them all. I've had the Daiya cheezy mac but in the original version, and the person who made it mixed it with veggies. I feel like I need to try it in its unadulterated version to form a full opinion!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes...try it straight up and see how you like it! There are the Daiya Cheese Sauces they sell, too, and those are more versatile!

      Delete