Friday, October 13, 2017

3 New-To-Me Products I've Enjoyed Lately

I still have LOTS to catch up on but wanted to hurry up and post about 3 products that I have enjoyed lately.

The first being this Organic Cranberry Spiced Apple Kombucha from Trader Joe's in Rochester.

It was pretty strong for a nice kick in the pants! BAM!



Next up...

So Delicious Cheddar Shreds!  Yes!  So Delicious!  I found them at the Whole Foods Market in Buffalo!  And OMG I absolutely LOVE LOVE LOVE it!  It smells more cheddary than anything else I have ever smelled vegan-cheese-wise.  There is more of a TANG to it than other vegan cheeses, too!  I do LOVE Daiya Shreds - but - dare I say I enjoy THESE shreds more?  Possibly.  I'm upset that I only bought 1 bag because I know I won't be able to find any anywhere near me.  I've been Googling this and any online announcements only date back to mid-August and Mid September so this HAS to be a NEW product!


And speaking of Daiya...OMG...I'm in LOVE with their new Alfredo Sauce!  This is so creamy and so rich and so YUM!  I found it at Wegman's in Lakewood a few months ago and just got rid of the box last week because I was going thru my kitchen and pitching it.  It's not unusual for me to keep a label or box of something I enjoy to remind myself to pick it up again the next time I see it but I will NOT be forgetting about this little gem anytime soon so I figured it was safe to part ways with the box!

QUESTION OF THE DAY...what are the last 3 new-to-you-productions that have been memorable for you?

14 comments:

  1. All these sound very interesting to me, I've never tried free from products and vegan cheddar sounds intriguing:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was great on nachos but also pretty good in a vegan cheese sauce, too!

      Delete
  2. I've been wanting to try the so delicious shreds but haven't seen them anywhere. I haven't seen that flavor of booch but it looks delicious.
    I know that two new to me products I love are the Bombay burgers from Dr. Praeger, and the coconut seven layer bar vegan ice cream from Ben &Jerry's. I can't think of a third!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Usually you see the new products before me! I was shocked to see them! It usually takes a solid 2 years (or more) before we see these new products here! That 7 layer nice cream sounds amazing! I have to post about the 2 vegan B&J's I have found here recently, too! YUM!

      Delete
  3. The cranberry spiced apple kombucha sounds so good — next time I'm in TJ's I'll look for it. As for new to me products, shiitake mushroom powder is a new-to-me product that adds great depth of flavor to soups and other dishes. And I've had great luck baking cakes with Bob's Red Mill 1:1 GF baking flour. Also, we LOVE Hodo Tofu, which is made in San Francisco but is now sold in our Whole Foods in Seattle.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Shiitake Mushroom Powder sounds like something I could get in to! I do like Bob's GF Baking Flour! Great picks!

      Delete
  4. I imagine we will have a wait for the So Delicious shreds to come here, if they ever do. We have the Daiya mac and cheese, though not the straight up sauce. The alfredo was my favourite mac, so I would like to be able to get the sauce on its own!

    New to me products... hmmm... I have some Treat Dreams chocolates waiting for me to eat, they are a Sydney-based chocolate company that came out with a new range of chocolate bars a while ago. PB&J and Cookie Butter! I can't wait to eat them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's really hit and miss with what I can find. I get to where I like something and then I can't find it again. sigh. Treat Dreams? I will have to google those! They sound interesting!

      Delete
  5. I definitely prefer Daiya shreds to the new ones by So Delicious. The ones from So Delicious soften a little bit when heated but don't melt at all. The taste is okay. I won't be buying them again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Did you buy the Cheddar ones? Mine melted ok on nacho's so far and I made a vegan cheese sauce with them by adding a little almond milk and earth balance with a bit of nooch.

      Delete
  6. Very interesting products, have not tried those cheese yet and always love trying new kombucha. I been trying new soups and smoothie ingredients lately.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I noticed the soups! They look great! Looking forward to more of your finds, too!

      Delete
  7. I've gotten that So Delicious cheese- well the Monterey jack... and it wasn't bad but it wasn't that cheesy to me. I am wondering if it was because they were more finely shredded compared to the cheddar? Or maybe I just didn't use it the best way? I definitely want to try the mozzarella for a pizza at some point.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I noticed that when making a sauce from it - it's less cheesy tasting. But if plain and just on sampling it from the bag and/or on nachos with this cheese only on them they are great and cheesy! If that makes sense! Regarding the Cheddar, I mean!

      Delete