Saturday, September 12, 2015

Vegan MoFo ~ Cookbooks!

Okay...this is going to be a pretty crazy post.  Vegan and Raw Vegan Cookbooks are just like better than potato chips...you can't have just one!  Therefore I will be doing a post featuring several of my favorites!  But please keep in mind there are MANY MORE and you can view them on my GoodReads Feed and Profile.  If you are on GoodReads PLEASE add me!  I'm looking for more veg friends on there!!!!  So...here goes!  4 books you may or may not have guessed I adore!  Vive Le Vegan by Dreena Burton I have LOVED since it came out!  It contains one of my most favorite recipes of all time in it which is the Hummus Quinoa Casserole!  Another one I would guard with my life is The Vegan Zombie Cookbook!  I met these guys more than once and they are AWESOME and so are their recipes!  I also like pretty much anything Philip McCluskey comes out with.  The possible 'dark horse' of the bunch may very well be "How We All Went Raw."  It's more like a binder but the recipes and ideas are pretty awesome.  Perfect example of 'don't judge a book by its cover.'

Above I mentioned Dreena Burton.  I pretty much like every book I have seen her come out with - like I stated about Philip McCluskey, too!  A few other Cookbook Gurus I can't get enough of are Matthew Kenney and Ani Phyo.  They are both wonderful!

Other Cookbook Authors I enjoy and wish I had more from include: Zsu Dever, Judita Wignall, Mimi Kirk, Jennifer Cornbleet, Robin Robertson, Terry Hope Romero, Tal Ronnen, and Bryant Terry.  I know there are many more but that is just off the top of my head.  I do have some of the books that some of these people have done but have noticed even more books that they are behind that I either don't have and WANT or haven't gotten my hands on as of yet OR didn't even know existed!

I LOVE how the vegan and raw vegan cookbook world is exploding!


But who could forget some of the best of all time...some of the ones that have really taken the vegan world and mainstream world and media by storm?  Like The China Study, Fat, Sick, and Nearly Dead, Engine 2 Diet, and Forks Over Knives and their companion cookbooks!?  I MUST mention them!  And many of other doctors books like Dr. Neal Barnard and Dr. John McDougall.

And a WHOLE COLLECTIVE of books from Moosewood...which go back decades!

Now there are more celebrities who are throwing this vegan hat in the ring such as Alicia Silverstone and Mayim Bialik and I admire what they are both doing quite a bit!

There are just too many vegan cookbooks and so little time.  Tell me which ones you like, want, or wonder about!

20 comments:

  1. I love Veganomicon, and Appetite for Reduction. But you're so right, there are sooooo many that I'm curious about. I love that vegan cookbooks just keep coming out!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, you have a lot of cookbooks! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. With more on the way! Fingers crossed! Zsu Dever has me beat tho! LOL Did you see her post!? OMG!!! Awesome!

      Delete
  3. Great post - there's are lots of books here that are new to me - I don't own any raw ones apart form Shazzie's Detox Recipes which is more of a booklet than book. I have the Dreena book and have been seeing lots of love for Dreena in people's posts today. Another book you've got pictured is the one I've chosen for my all time favourite.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have had Shazzie's Detox on my wishlist for a while...might have to make that happen soon! Thanks for the push on it!

      Delete
  4. Some of my favs are in this post! It is almost like an addiction- I want more books, but I try to limit myself.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah...once I started...it's hard to stop! LOL

      Delete
  5. Great run-down. I love Mimi Kirk's Living Raw...I agree, I would like to see more from her.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have her book on order FINALLY I figured I borrowed it enough to justify it :)

      Delete
  6. Great list! I have a cabinet full of vegan cookbooks I've received over the years and have the same issue as you - so little time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd love to see a new post on your collection soon!!!! I will have to see which ones you have that I need to add to mine! LOL

      Delete
  7. I definitely agree that you can't just live with 1 vegan cookbook - it's like an obesession, but a good one, haha

    I will check out The Vegan Zombie Cookbook. It looks like a fun cookbook and I think it would fit perfectly for october and Halloween :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Vegan Zombie also has their book printed/translated in German! I thought that was pretty cool :)

      Delete
  8. I love your cookbook collection and
    Can't believe I don't have ANY of
    Those!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I am going to try and re-display them soon and hope to take a pic afterwards!

      Delete
  9. Great cookbooks! I'm loving seeing what everyone's favourite cookbooks are =)
    The Vegan Zombie sounds very interesting =)
    Ooh and the China Study cookbook, I have the book but haven't seen the cookbook.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Check out their YouTube Channels! You will LOVE them!!!!

      Delete
  10. Now I have a great reason to buy even more cookbooks! As type this comment I am sitting in my office surrounded by stacks of colorful raw and vegan cookbooks! I love them too! My favorite one is The Macrobiotic Way. After all these years I still love its basic simplicity! But I also love Ani's Raw Food Kitchen too! Thank you so much for sharing your favorite vegan cookbooks with us at the Healthy Happy Green and Natural Party Blog Hop. I'm pinning and sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will have to check out the Macrobiotic Way! I enjoy all of Ani's books, too!

      Delete