Monday, May 5, 2014

Taste of India - Amherst, NY - Visit

Yes, once again I am behind on my blogging but I do have a lot in-store for this week so stay tuned.  I would like to thank everyone for the well wishes for our cat Charlie.  He's progressing with his recovery and I hope to post a progress report on that later this week. 

In the meantime...for today's post...a visit to A Taste of India in the Buffalo, NY, area a little over a week ago.

My husband and I took a day trip to a few places in the Buffalo area in the Abarth.  This is where we had lunch.  They have a HUGE menu and a nice vegetarian section.  I thought it was neat that you could 'name your heat level'.  I decided to choose Medium but next time I will be going with the Hot.  What did I have?  Well...off their vegetarian menu I chose the Chana Saag.  Curried Spinach with Chickpeas.  It came with Rice and in their white rice they added simple chunks of carrot for color.  I really enjoyed it. 

Along with my meal I had a large glass of straight-up Mango Juice.  Dale is somewhat hooked on Mango Lassi Drinks now.  I am going to start making them at home for him.

Because he's FAR FROM Vegetarian he chose one of the platters because he wanted to try a bunch of different things that they offered.  I believe there was Tandoori Chicken and Shrimp, Chicken Tikka, Boti Kebab, Naan, Sauteed Onions and Peppers, Beef Curry, and he had some of the white rice of mine because there was a huge plate of it and I thought he would enjoy it.  The location was on Sheridan Drive in Amherst but many people just say "Buffalo".  It's always FUN visiting the area I grew up and I think we will be doing it more often with the small cars and the Fiat Club.  Speaking of which - we hope the weather holds for this Saturday because it is the first time we hope to meet up with them.  We are planning on visiting the Zippo Factory and Museum in Bradford, PA with a few other stops along the way.  More on that next week, tho!

10 comments:

  1. Glad to hear that Charlie is recovering. Have you ever tried lavender essential oil. That can help speed up the healing process. For our Shih Tzu, I add about 10 drops to a 10 ounce of water. I blend in my blender and then place into s spray bottle. If he has the 'itchies', I add a few drops of tea tree essential oils also.

    Well if you ever feel the urge to come to Maryland, we could always meet up. ;) If I'm ever in your part of PA I'll let you know in advance. The food sounds delicious.

    I've been in a weird non-cooking mood recently so I've mainly been drinking my meals. I'm still preparing yummy food for my daughter. I just have not felt like eating. However, through juicing, I'm still getting all the nutrients that I do need.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hiya! Thanks! I haven't tried Lavender Oil on Charlie yet. I have tried some other natural things. I'm wondering if it will help with the rash from the surgery as well! I have tried Tea Tree Oil and it made him itch more...but I used to use that on Sammy and it worked well for various thing. I've also used Tea Tree with Riley, too.

      Gosh! I wish I lived closer to you! I would love to meet up sometime! I think we are around 10 hours apart...might have to check again tho...it's been a while since I mapquested it.

      I'm thinking about a smoothie and juicing adventure soon, too, probably for a similar reason of not really wanting to eat much, I guess. I was actually thinking of a Salad feast first, tho! So like a Raw till 4 and then most raw with Salads for dinner for a while. I'm going to try and plan it out in advance, tho.

      Delete
  2. A few drops if apple cider vinegar is Charlies water might help also. Mr. Bentley used to have the itchies bad, adding about two drops in his water bowl. That held perhaps a cup or two of water seemed to help with the itching. I also added raw coconut oil to the spot. Coconut oil is anti-viral, anti-bacterial, etc., also if they lick the spot you don't have to worry about them getting sick.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh! I might try the ACV!!!! Forgot about that! And I will try at Coconut Oil, too! I have to try something tonight and let the vet know. Because he's feral they know we have to do things a bit different than most.

      Delete
  3. Glad Charlie is doing okay, poor guy! The food looks looks great, I've become a much bigger fan of Indian food since going vegan. I finally got to try Loving Hut over the weekend with my sister and it was awesome. Will be writing out it soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Can't wait to read your Loving Hut Review! I think I read there's one in Pittsburgh - I haven't been there tho! I hope to in the future!! It's been a while since I've been to the 'burgh!

      Delete
  4. I love mango lassi...and Indian ginger tea too. We have an authentic Indian restaurant here too - the chef's from North India. I love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I Love chai's :)
      I usually drink them straight-up with no milk (alternative) but when I'm out I ask for SOy or Almond. I am probably going to do this with the Mango Lassi soon!

      Delete
  5. Wow - sounds great! Ah the joys of a non-vegan husband. I'm in the same boat and love it when we come across "us-friendly" restaurants =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are more and more of us with mixed-diet households :) Always nice to meet another person in the same boat!

      Delete