Monday, January 28, 2013

Meal Plan or Hope For This Week

 I skipped last week because I was planning on being on the road for most of it.  So I'm picking it up again this week!  I don't have a solid plan for this week, to be honest, but I do have some ideas I hope to follow thru with!
To start things off...I CAN tell you want I had for Breakfast and Lunch already today!
I even took photos!

Monday:
Breakfast - "Everything" Bagel with Wildtree Guacamole
Lunch - Chipotle Black Bean/Veggie Soup
Snack - Apple
Dinner - Some Sort of Pasta with Veggies
Snack - Hummus with slices of Sweet Red Bell Peppers

Tuesday:
Breakfast - Grapenuts with Coconut Milk & Black Berries
Lunch - Leftover Pasta/Veggies
Snack - Peanut Butter Granola
Dinner - Tabouli Sandwich
Snack - Dark Chocolate/Peanut Butter & Crackers

Wednesday:
Breakfast - Mango & Peanut Butter Granola
Lunch - Leftover Tabouli Salad
Dinner - Veggie Burger of some sort (TBA)
Snack - Hummus & Corn Tortillas

Thursday:
Breakfast - TBA Smoothie
Snack - Grapenuts & Coconut Milk OR Peanut Butter Granola
Lunch: Leftover Tabouli (Wrap or Sandwich, maybe)
Dinner - Possibly Spaghetti (with Hemp Hearts)
Snack - Corn Tortillas w/ Guacamole

Friday:
Breakfast - Bagel with Nutritional Yeast Sprinkle
Snack - TBA Granola
Lunch - TBA Rice Dish
Dinner - HUGE Salad (TBA)
Snack - Bread & Grapeseed Oil Bread Dipper

Saturday & Sunday:
TBA - might be on the road

Participating In:

11 comments:

  1. Hi Jennifer!
    Thanks for visiting my blog. Yes, that recipe is vegan.....we have been eating vegan since April. I have several recipes on my blog, but only those dated late April and after will be vegan. We also try to eat as much unprocessed food as possible. I grind our wheat and bake all of our bread and use the fresh ground flour for all of our baking needs. I have been grinding wheat for almost 2 years now.
    I am looking forward to browsing your blog for food ideas too! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's awesome!

      I hope to link you soon :)
      Nice to 'meet you'
      CHEERS!!!!

      Delete
  2. Looks like a delicious week. I don't meal plan but do batch cooking on the weekend so I have leftovers to last all week. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have more like Meal HOPES :) teehee! Doesn't always work out as planned but it's something to shoot for, I guess! :)

      Delete
  3. Hi Jennifer, thanks for stopping by my blog! I would be honored for you to link to my blog. :)

    What a neat idea of putting guacamole on bagels! That idea never crossed my mind but now I want to try it.
    Happy eating!
    Cassandra

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! Looking forward to your posts :)

      Delete
  4. Jennifer,
    Thanks for visiting my blog. I am reminded, by your ...sort of plan...that I am on a tighter diet than just vegan. I am on a "Prevent and Reverse Heart Disease" diet. It also cuts out oils and fatty veggies, so no avacado, no olives, no nuts, no seeds. I don't list breakfast and lunch on my plan cause breakfast, EVERY day, is home made oatmeal topped with frozen blueberries. And I don't plan lunch. I either eat leftovers, or toast with humus or something. I try not to snack, but if I do it is usually a piece of fruit.

    Anyway, am so glad there are other vegans posting! Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Have you looked into Grapeseed Oil? It's supposed to be better for your heart than most/other oils? I'm not much of a Breakfast person either but really trying to push myself :)I have to plan lunch more because of my work schedule or I end up sending between 5 and 10 bucks a day! It's CRAZY! Hummus is a favorite of mine! :)

      Delete
  5. There's something about that bagel with guacamole that's really calling to me... Can't believe I never thought of it as a potential breakfast topping before! So smart, so delicious. You can never have too many avocados anyway. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I LOVE them!!! Anytime I can grab 'em I try to!

      Delete
  6. Holy Guacamole! this is a fantastic recipe. I will try to save this recipe and check if I can make this one for my wife. Thank you for sharing this to us. Let me also share something, I also follow one website which talks about vegan food and fitness, http://www.bodybyblasian.com/
    take care!

    ReplyDelete